As a prospective homeowner, one of your first concerns might be finding a neighbourhood that best suits yourself and your family. With such a wide variety of options, it can be difficult to narrow down the specific area you’ll want to live in.
When coming to a decision about the kind of neighborhood you’d like to live in, consider the following:
- Do you have kids?
- Are you looking to start a family?
- Are you a single occupant, or do you have a partner living with you?
- Are you newlyweds?
- Are you retired, or about to retire?
- Do you like to entertain?
- Do you like to go out to enjoy a meal, drink, etc?
- Do you prefer a quieter pace, or something busier?
- How much of a commute are you willing to have daily in order to get to work, school, etc.
- Do you prefer an urban feel, or something more “green”?
All of these questions will be a big help in narrowing down the kind of neighbourhood that you will want to live in (providing that there are properties available). Answering these questions will also help you to locate:
- Schools, playgrounds, and community centers (if you have a family)
- Bars and restaurants
- Shops and entertainment
- Grocery stores
By having all of these things determined, a homeowner can make an informed decision about the kind of neighborhood they want to focus their attention on. This can be especially helpful if you are trying to decide between homes.